Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Flowers!

Today, my hubby earned some bonus points. He sent me flowers - for no reason! He is such a great husband and I am truly blessed to have him in my life. I was so surprised when they arrived.
It feels so great to have a partner with which to share my life with. Things weren't so great not too long ago, but we have made changes that have really made a difference. After 11 years, we are back to that 'in-love' stage. Its so nice to flirt with my husband and be actively in love again - I can't really explain it. I feel like I'm smiling all the time now - how great is that?
On top of that, my boys are really growing up. My Michael is turning into such a great young man. He's taller than me now! It's so bittersweet watching him grow up. I'm so proud of him but I will miss him greatly when he starts college and begins his own life. I find myself holding back tears just thinking about it. Lately, when my 2 younger ones are at grandpa's, it's just me and Mike. I try to cherish every minute with him. I notice that I hug him more and compliment him, and tell him thank you. He'll be 16 next month. I only have 2 years left before college!!!
Steven and Nate are both growing taller. It's amazing to see them turning into boys - they're no longer my babies! Steven will be in Middle School next fall - when did that happen?! I swear he was just in 3rd grade! And I have to remind myself constantly that Nate isn't a baby anymore. He's in 2nd grade and able to do everything on his own now. It's so hard to let him be and not baby him. I love them so much. My life is so full. How did I make all the mistakes I did and end up so blessed? How did dorky RaChele end up happily married with 3 great kids? This is exactly the life I dreamed of as a little girl. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment